This is to inform you that the next meeting of the Expanded Theme Group on HIV/AIDS is scheduled to take place on 25 February (Wednesday) from 15:00 to 17:00 at UN large conference room (2 Liangmahe, Nanlu, Chaoyang District, tel: 8532 0800)
The proposed agenda items include:
1. Welcome, introductions, adoption of the agenda and minutes of the last meeting
2. Overview on IDU interventions in China with specific reference to needle exchange programme and MMT by Dr Yin Wenyuan, NCAIDS
3. Overview of the multi-sectoral approach to HIV prevention and care in Xinjiang with specific focus on IDU by Kim Wheeler, Team Leader, China-Australia Xinjiang HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care Project (XJHAPAC)
4. Report on the results to prevention and care interventions of the XJHAPAC project particularly focusing on IDUs and their families by Dr Zhang Yongzhong, Deputy Director General of the Xinjiang Regional Bureau of Health
5. Updates and information sharing
6. Date and time for the next Expanded Theme Group meeting
Formal invitation from Dr. Bernard Coquelin, Chair of the Expanded Theme Group on HIV/AIDS and UNPFA Representative will follow. The minutes and presentations of the last ETG meeting held in December are attached for your information.
Looking forward to your active participation.